At Amazoonico, we care for over 300 wild animals every year. Thus, we are always in constant need of veterinary care. If you are a vet student looking to gain more real world experience, volunteering at Amazoonico may be a great opportunity for you. You will get the chance to assist our full time veterinarian with various procedures, a learning experience that is difficult to duplicate in the classroom.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Proficiency in English or Spanish.
- Be enrolled in a veterinary program
- Ability to perform strenuous activities in hot humid rainforest conditions.
- Passion for forest/wildlife conservation.
- Comfort working and communicating in a multicultural context.
- Comfort residing in a remote tropical location, with limited communication.
- Minimum commitment of 4 weeks.
- Cover food and lodging expenses ($250 per month).
- Have fun while doing something good
- Experience the beautiful amazon rainforest
- Become immersed in a unique multicultural setting
- Make long lasting friendships
- Gain experience in wildlife care
- Learn about wildlife management, and conservation
- Join Liana Lodge (our neighbor and conservation partner) tours for free
- Join our forest guards on patrols around Selva Viva for free
- Internship/volunteer certificate
Our first concern is the animals.
All must be fed two times daily and their enclosures cleaned. In addition to regular daily activities, volunteers focused on wildlife veterinary will have the opportunity to assist in special projects when needed