how we take care of the animals?
less interaction, more prevention
In our center, we try to focus in prevention and wellfare to avoid having to interact unnecesarily with the animals. In the cases it's necessary, we perform basic procedures in which you can take part of and gain wildlife experience.
Come, learn, preserve!
- Minimum 18 years old
- Minimum commitment of 1 month
- Cover food and lodging expenses ($260 per month non refundable / $160 for ecuatorian people)
- Passion for wildlife conservation
- Professional attitude
- Ability to perform strenuous activities in hot humid rainforest conditions
- Comfort residing in a remote tropical location, with limited communication
- Comfort working and communicating in a multicultural context
- Fluent English or Spanish
- Gain experience in behaviour, diet, medicine and specific needs of wild animals
- Learn about wildlife management and conservation
- Experience the beautiful amazon rainforest
- Become immersed in a unique multicultural setting
- Make long lasting friendships
- Join Liana Lodge (our neighbor and conservation partner) tours for free
- Join our forest guards on patrols around Selva Viva for free
- Internship/volunteer certificate
3 IMPORTANT RULES
Rules in our center are very important to assure the security of animals and humans. Not following the rules will mean the expulsion of the center.
- We can't interact with the animals (touching, talking, feeding them directly or looking them in the eyes)
- We have to follow all the biosecurity instructions that will be given in the introduction of the volunteering
- We have to follow the daily schedule
- Maintenance of animal enclosures
- Preparation of animal food
- Animal feeding
- Preparation of animal enrichments
- General maintenance of the center
- Guided tours with focus in the conservation
Specific tasks for wildlife vets:
- Help the center's veterinaries with procedures that come out during daily (attention to emergencies, deparasitations & basic surgical procedures)
- Help to take care of animals with special needs
- Help with the general animal check up
IN THE DOCUMENT BELOW, YOU'LL FIND THE ANSWERS TO THE NEXT QUESTIONS
- Which animals are in AmaZOOnico? Why can't we touch the animals?
- What kind of work will I be doing?
- Why I have to pay a volunteer fee and what are the living conditions like?
- Do I need to speak Spanish?
- What happens after work? What can I do on my days off?
- How long can I stay in amaZOOnico?
- Do I need any vaccinations?
- How long can I stay in amaZOOnico? And what about VISA?
- What should I bring?
- How do I communicate with my friends and family? How do I communicate with amaZOOnico?
- What about the weather?
- Is safe the center? What can I do in an emergency case?
- How do I get there?
volunteer FEE payments
- In here you can make your deposit, after your application has been accepted.
- Please, make a screenshot of the completed transaction and send it to us.