At Amazoonico you will have the opportunity to gain first hand experience in wildlife conservation. Rehabilitating and releasing animals back into the forest is one of our prime objectives, as we strive to contribute to healthy wildlife populations and ecosystems. Volunteers wishing to help us achieve our goals will be offered unique opportunities to learn more about wildlife ecology in the beautiful Ecuadorian Rainforest.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Be enrolled in an academic program in the field of conservation biology, or related
- Proficiency in English or Spanish.
- Ability to perform strenuous activities in hot humid rainforest conditions.
- Passion for forest/wildlife conservation.
- Comfort working and communicating in a multicultural context.
- Comfort residing in a remote tropical location, with limited communication.
- Minimum commitment of 4 weeks.
- Cover food and lodging expenses ($250 per month).
- Have fun while doing something good
- Experience the beautiful amazon rainforest
- Gain experience in wildlife care
- Learn about wildlife management, and conservation
- Join Liana Lodge (our neighbor and conservation partner) touristic expeditions
- Join our forest guards on 1 day patrols around Selva Viva
- Internship/volunteer certificate
Our first concern is the animals.
All must be fed two times daily and their enclosures cleaned. In addition to regular daily activities, volunteers focused on conservation biology will have the opportunity to assist in special projects when needed